Friday, March 26, 2010

New Milestones Make Me Sad

Is that bad? Don't get me wrong, I get so proud of Neriah when she learns to do something new. I cheer and clap and squeal and give kisses so she knows how happy she makes us. But I can't help but be sad too. Every milestone is a bit of her babyness vanishing. I want her to stay my baby forever--in this time when mistakes are so easily forgiven and time with Mommy is not just wanted, but essential for survival. I'm not ready for her to run away from me and hold little grudges and not want to be worn and not want to nurse. Just thinking that a time like that is coming makes me cry. :(

Neriah pulled up to standing yesterday. She hadn't even pulled herself to a sitting position yet, and there she was, standing and looking up at me like she knew what she had just done was something big. She was so proud of herself. And I was a little sad. Then she crawled a step. A real crawl. I don't think it will be long before she's no longer army crawling like a baby, but real crawling.



Today she got herself to a sitting position. Why do these milestones come back to back? Slow down little monster!

I'm scared and excited to see what comes next!

No comments: